Friday, August 13, 2010

On burns and wonder remedies

Well, I was in the kitchen (where I spend half my life these days!) and I had put a large cookie sheet in the sink to cool. I didn't wait long enough. Burnt the crease of my palm, and a bunch of finger pads.
The fingers didn't bother me so much, but the crease was pretty painful. I still had all the lunch dishes to do and a bunch of prep work for the afternoon. Not pleasant.
On my lunch break I stopped in at the drugstore, thinking I'd get something to put on my burn.
On the shelf were these bandaid pads made for burns. They have a gel pad that cools. I spent the few bucks on them and hope they worked at least a little.
I put the pad on the burn in the crease, and the burn felt like it disappeared.
I love these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment