Sunday, June 20, 2010

This is just one of those nights...

One of the reasons I started this blog was because writing about some of my experiences is cathartic. It calms me down when my world caves in.

So, I have no idea what to write, because, well, sometimes the world seems like it is exactly the opposite of what it should be. This is one of those nights.

Its the kind of night that when I was married, or even before, I would soak my ex's shirt, just to get it all out. Now I soak my own shirt, with the labrador watching close by. I do miss those t shirts on night like this.

But, we all have to let it out sometime. And my girls aren't here to see me upset and get upset themselves, so its a good time. It was a rough week last week, and on a few occasions, I was so frustrated or overwhelmed that the tears threatened, but, well, I just didn't have the time or the energy. Now I do. A hot bath, a sappy movie, a cold cloth, and my soft bed will all make me a new person by morning.

I just have to remember to breathe in and breathe out. Everything else will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment