Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Children's Lit

I HATE ENGLISH LIT COURSES!

One of my prerequisites for SUNY is Children's Lit. EEEWWW!

#1 I have a science degree, the last time I did an essay in MLA was, oh, say, High school.
#2 I have a science degree, I have never taken a course that is so abitrarily agree with me or parish
#3 I have A SCIENCE DEGREE I deal with facts, information, and breaking down facts so people without prior knowledge can understand them, not analyze a children's picture book and come up with a theme for the book that no child could ever possibly identify

Science furthers our knowledge, reading older tomes teaches us about the way we thought as a society at the time, again furthering our knowledge, picking apart books for young children to the point of making our discussion sound like the ones the English geeks used to have about Utpopia and Ulysses does nothing to make me a better person, smarter, or a better teacher. It just annoys me.

Okay, I've got it out of my system. Now its time to go pick apart Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment